Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

Term 2

on April 22, 2016

Welcome back or Bienvenue after a lovely trip to Paris for me. Lots of exciting things happening this term (some inspired by my Paris trip)

We are participating in the Hearts for Cambodia art show which will be held at Federation Square in Melbourne on the 23rd July. Our 3-6 students have been busy brainstorming ideas and planning designs on the theme of “Our Sunset, My World’ for our 3 collaborative pieces. Every student in the school will be involved in creating a small panel to form a large artwork for one of the pieces.

The last couple of weeks have seen us also trying to paint like an Impressionist and classes have been fun (and messy) with lots of experimenting with brushstrokes and French accents and words. This was inspired by my visit to Monet’s Garden in Giverny and the students are loving it!!! We will be creating a variety of artworks in the Impressionist style and also looking at artworks by Degas as the winter masterpieces exhibition will soon be at the Nation Gallery of Victoria.

This term will see the Preps completing their Prep Art Books ready to take home. They are currently enjoying learning about texture and creating texture bugs.

I’m looking forward to an another Art filled term.