Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

5/6 Weekly Art Sessions

on March 4, 2016

5/6C

I talked to Thomas on noise levels he rated himself as 3 Formal Normal. He also gave himself a 3/5 for where he is up to with his selfie. He’s drawn himself but still has to do the background. Lately we have been working on our selfies. Jai was the focus student today and he shared some pixel art he had been working on. Making our selfies has been enjoyable and when we have all finished our selfies we are going to hang them up and see who can guess whose selfie is whose. Angus (Reporter)

I shared pixel art that I made in Minecraft. I made a boat and a car, they had 3 layers each, usually you only use one layer. It took me an 1 and a half hours to do the boat and half an hour to do the car. I got better at drawing my body when I was doing the selfie. I drew a picture of me standing by the Eiffel Tower. I did a detailed Eiffel Tower by looking up a picture to get ideas from. Jai DH (Focus Student)

Photographer – Ashley

5/6D

Jess said the hardest thing was to draw the lips.

Koopa said the hardest to draw was the arms.

Jack was happy with how he drew his head, body and arms.

Flynn liked how he did his background by mixing different colours together.

Matthew was happy with how he did a waterfall and rocks in the background of his selfie.

Bailey (Reporter)

I have improved my drawings and art skills by practising. I’m proud of my proud of my portrait because I have put a lot of effort into it. The best part of it is how I personalised the outside of my phone. The hardest part to do was the face, especially the eyes and the lips. I did get better drawing them from my first draft. I chose a painting of a girl with a fan by Renoir. I liked it because it was detailed and I liked the colours. I also liked the way she was standing and looking. She looked happy. Cherysh (Focus Student)

Photographer – Matthew

5/6KP

I interviewed Sruthi today and she said that the lips and the eyes were the hardest part of drawing her selfie. Then she said that the easiest part of drawing the selfie was the bridge behind her. Her favourite part of drawing the selfie was getting the body shape and all the details right on her self.

By Lucy h (Reporter)

I’ve learnt that shading things differently can make things look realistic. I’ve tried to do this on my selfie. The hardest part of my selfie was probably the eyes and the lips because they are really fine and little and hard to draw. I’m really proud of the effort I’ve put in and how good it looks. Today I shared a charcoal drawing done by a friend of my Mums. I chose it because It had a lot of detail in it and how much effort she put into it when she was young. It was about a lioness who got hurt and a lady who came to try and help the lioness mend her paw. I liked being the focus student and when people asked me questions about the artwork and how much they loved it. Arianna ( Focus Student)

Photographer –  Crystal