Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

Grade 1/2 Weekly Round Up

on February 26, 2016

1/2K

Art is fun because we get to paint and draw fun stuff. We are making self portraits. We are up to painting. A good painter tries to be neat and is sensible. I’m painting my face in a skin colour. I am really happy with my drawing of my self portrait. Fletcher (Reporter)

I have been learning to do self portraits. I learnt that we can sometimes draw just our face and not our full body. When we have finished painting we will do a background with coloured squares. I am really happy about the size of my face. I didn’t do it too big. I’m making sure that my painting goes only on my portrait. The hardest thing to do is to paint it because when you paint it sometimes goes over the lines where you don’t want it to go. Rishi (Focus Student)

Photographer – Sarah

1/2TB

Today we glued little squares to a white piece of paper to make a background. We finished painting our self portraits. I added a bit more yellow to my painting. It’s a fun thing to do. Rhiannon (Reporter)

I have learnt that I need to take my time when painting so that I can get better at it.  If you take your time it looks better because it’s neat and your paint brush is going in the one line. I am really happy that I have done my face round. The hardest thing to do was to paint my eyes. I’m enjoying Art a lot. Aleara (Focus Student)

Photographer – William

1/2FJ

We are painting and drawing self portraits and we’re sticking on pieces of coloured paper to make our background. We talked about being a good artist. I said a good artist paints neatly. I tried to paint neatly. I’m really happy with my self portrait. Levi DH (Reporter)

I feel happy that I am sticking things on neatly. I have improved my drawing because I got feedbackand added more things to my self portrait. William gave me feedback that I could make my head bigger so I did. I have been trying to help other people and do the right thing and listen to other people’s feedback. Ethan (Focus Student)

Photographer – Levi W

1/2V

There’s lots of fun stuff happening in Art at the moment. We have been painting, drawing, doing some listening. Our grade are working really well on their art. We are trying to get 6 smiley faces on the ArtSmart board. I have finished my work so I am helping Riley finish his.  Lucas (Reporter)

I’ve learnt how to make a self portrait. A self portrait is where you make a picture of yourself. We are doing a colourful background. We used squares of paper. I’m really proud of how I stayed in the lines when I was painting my self portrait. I was trying hard to stay in the lines and not go out of the lines. Jakobi (Focus Student)

Photographer – Wyatt