Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

Week 3 Art in years 3/4

on February 12, 2016

3/4H

I shared an art book from How to Train Your Dragon. My favourite picture is of the Red Death. I like it because it is the biggest dragon. It has lots of red spikes, teeth and looks like it is smooth and textured in places. I think it was done as a painting. I did a good job working on my selfie. The hardest part was getting the shape of the face right. Once I had done that it was good because I am good at art and it was easier. Kaine – focus student

I worked well on my selfie today. I think that I did a good job of the hair. It is a bit tricky but I am working well. The class enjoys drawing their selfies. Lilly (reporter)

Bella – Photographer

3/4C

In Art we have been doing a picture of ourselves. Jaime brought in a picture to share. She had made it herself. She brought a self portrait. I’ve been working on how to draw ourselves. The hardest part is trying to draw your whole body. Emmett (Reporter)

I really like being a focus student. I shared an artwork I had drawn of a person. I really liked the techniques that I used to do it. Everybody said that they liked it. I’m doing a ‘take a selfie’ portrait now. When we are finished we will have to guess who it was that drew it. I made a few mistakes but rubbed them out and now I am happy with it. I just need to draw another eye and fix up my lips to finish. I feel really good sitting up the front on a chair as the focus student. Jaime (Focus Student)

Photographer – Jed

3/4B

We are learning to take selfies of ourselves. We are drawing them. It can be either landscape or portrait. When we draw ourselves we have to include all the details like glasses if you wear them, eyes and ears. If you’re a girl you might draw earrings or a necklace. We want to make our pictures look real. I think I will do a good draft for my selfie. Xavier (Reporter)

I have been going well with my artwork and I am almost finishing everything in one art lesson. I remembered to bring to bring my artwork to share. I brought in drawings of animals and people mixed together that my brother and I had done. I also brought in an extra things to show such as pencils, rubbers, crayons, sharpeners and paint in my art box. I am trying to get my nose and hair to look much better than in my first draft. I need to sharpen my pencil more so I can draw finer and lighter lines. Everytime I do it I’m afraid the pencil will snap. The best bit about being a focus student is sitting up on a chair, sharing artworks and you feel proud of yourself for sharing what you can do. Izaiyah (Focus Student)

Photographer – Olivia