Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

5th – 11th August catch up

on August 11, 2015

First of all thanks to all of our fantastic reporters and photographers who have prepared the following blog posts. I apologise to you all for being a bit slow getting some of them up. We are back online though so that is a bonus. Please keep an eye on the page to see who will be contributing to the blog. The aim is for all of our students to have an opportunity to share their learning.

thanks for reading

Miss Sharp

thumb_IMG_0468_1024 thumb_IMG_0477_1024

3/4FP Monochromatic Trees

5th August 2015

In the 3/4 area we have been shading backgrounds of paper and putting a moon in, because we are going to put a tree in and try to shade it with charcoal. A great example was Miss Sharp’s which looked like it was from a scary movie with the moon shining behind the tree. Other people have been going for a less scary look. I’m going to try and make mine look scary. It’s kind of funny how the colour choices and shading can make it look scary. If it had a blue background and green tree it would look awesome but it wouldn’t look scary. This is our first time this year using charcoal. Charcoal is fun, smudgy and puts together effective artworks.

Lachie 3/4FP

Photographer Darcy

thumb_IMG_0623_1024 thumb_IMG_0621_1024 thumb_IMG_0612_1024 thumb_IMG_0615_1024

1/2H – Watercolour Posters

11th August 2015

I’m doing a painting of a place that sells scary things. I chose to do a free painting today. Everyone is making Water Week posters. We are using watercolours. I like painting because it’s fun. I’m good at it. I like to paint pictures on paper, especially motorbikes. They are my favourite thing to do. I am looking forward to doing clay this year in Art. The best thing about art is painting.

Reporter – Callum

Photographer – Tequijuan

thumb_IMG_0572_1024 thumb_IMG_0580_1024 thumb_IMG_0573_1024 thumb_IMG_0574_1024 thumb_IMG_0586_1024 thumb_IMG_0569_1024

Winter Trees – 3/4B (monochromatic)

11th August 2015

I drew a cactus on my paper today because I like the green and the spikes on the cactus because its inspiring to me, it just make me feel great about myself. When I was painting I had to just get the spikes right and get the sticks that are poking out of the tree. I had to use black paint and used my skills painting small lines. It was fun painting until the end because I was finished and didn’t have to paint any more. I’m pretty good at painting. I saw Summer, Rhiarna, Tori, Khloe and Bella doing a great job on theirs too.

Reporter – Sonny

Photographer – Jenae

thumb_IMG_0568_1024