Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

Blog Post 5/6D

on August 6, 2015

thumb_IMG_0498_1024 thumb_IMG_0501_1024

In art 5/6’s are working on tessellations and are going really well. We started to finish them off and they looked really good. All the different patterns look great and so do the colours. You could have 2-4 colours. I chose to have three colours so I had blue purple and yellow. We had to have 16 shapes all together. I had 5 blue 5 yellow and 6 purple. We basically had to do a grid out of the shapes we made. I started off with blue then purple and yellow. If I started off with purple it would have been more even because there was more of purple than any other colour. I was one of the experts in 5/6 D along with Cody, Jessica and Erin. We walked down to the art gallery on a Tuesday and then started. Once we had finished our sheets got collected and we were told what they were going to do with them. Cody, Jessica, Erin and I were very proud that our tessellations were going to be sent to America and then they would be turned into squares of fabric and there would be two copies of the squares. One would be put into a quilt of all the tessellations and the other square would be sent back to us. I really enjoyed going to the art gallery and was proud to be chosen I also really enjoyed doing it at school. I think everyone enjoyed it as well. Thankyou.

By Olivia McG 5/6 D.

Photographer – Dakota

thumb_IMG_0527_1024