Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

PICASSO SCULPTURES

on February 17, 2015

In art we have been doing Picasso Sculptures .

What we have to do is draw a head BUT it can not have curves and it has to be split into thirds then we need to make everything that a real face has but we can put it wherever we like on the face. Today we used our sketch books to design and try out what our sculptures might look like.

We will use foam to make our sculpture, and we will paint the sides, front and back. Then we will cut out eyes, eyebrows, mouth, nose and hair and glue onto our Picasso face.

We like that we get to be creative and do some painting.

Tahlia and Tamika

Photographer – Harry

IMG_3850 IMG_3852 IMG_3854

Today 3/4FP is creating a Picasso sculptures. Zaff is making her Picasso sculpture out of triangles and rectangles and some circles. Well done, Zaff. I (Sevahn) am doing square eyes with pupils and squiggles for my face. On mine (Nicole) I did a hexagon shaped face with square eyes and a triangle nose and a normal shaped mouth. Today everyone worked really well. Thank you Miss Sharp for teaching us.

Nicole and Sevahn

Photographer – Crystal

IMG_3874 IMG_3877 IMG_3880 IMG_3884

2 Responses to “PICASSO SCULPTURES”

1. Adam says:

Hi Miss Sharp
    Im wondering if how we can use plastic forks for hair? And also our class member are great role models for the 3/4 team. After the Picasso work can we do some felting, cause Miss Fisc and I are jealous that you got to go to a Felting Workshop. Anyway Bye! Adam 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• leahsharp says:

Hi Adam, you can definitely use real plastic forks for hair on your Picasso sculpture. I’m really looking forward to seeing them finished. The designs so far look amazing. Felting is definitely on the agenda for this year sometime 🙂