Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

1/2s Reflections so far – Funky Self Portraits

on February 13, 2015

GRADE 1/2H
I liked when we made our portraits, drawing around our feet and hands. I helped Arlie too. Alby

I’m a trolley person. My job is to make sure the trolley is tidy and everything is put away properly at the end of the art lesson. I like my job. Ellie

I liked that we got to do something about ourselves in Art. Jed

I think the session went really well because we all got to trace around our hands and feet and some people got to draw their faces. Connor R

GRADE 1/2TJ
We traced our hands and feet (it was hard) and drew a head and face to make a self portrait. Tyson

I found the hardest thing today was tracing around my hands and feet, because you couldn’t really see what you were doing and it was hard to trace around the hand that you don’t write with. Bella

I found it challenging to keep the shape of the head right and I accidentally made my lips a bit too big, but it still looked good after I did the rest of the face properly. Jessi

We learnt a little bit about Leonardo Da Vinci and portraits. He painted the Mona Lisa and lived in France but was born in Italy. He was born over 500 years ago. Krystos, Scarlett

GRADE 1/2S
I liked how we made our hands and feet by tracing around them and then drew our face. Jacobi

We drew a self portrait. I liked how we got to draw our faces and our eyes and ears. Toby

I’m pretty happy with my art work because I did really good work and I worked well all lesson. Jude.

I liked how I drew my hair today. Aleara

I like my work because it had lots of detail on it. I liked how I drew my teeth. Ethan.