Miss Sharp's Art Room

unleash your inner artist

Week 8 Sewing highlights

on November 26, 2014

IMG_3631Grade 1/2FC sewing

1/2FC has been sewing borders around  hessian . When 1/2FC finished it they got to sew a picture in the middle. We had to draw the picture first. Everyone  did a good  job of their sewing. I (Wilbur) did an X on my hessian. I (Jed) did a picture of a guy on a skateboard on mine. It’s good to learn sewing because if your clothes or things rip you can sew them back up.

Jed and Wilbur

IMG_3589 IMG_3590 IMG_3625 IMG_3624 IMG_3630 IMG_3629 IMG_3628 IMG_3592

Grade 3/4M Sewing

3/4M has been doing sewing in art. We all have made own cushions in art. I (Louise) have made an L shaped cushion. It looks great! Hayley and Ella have made a star. They all so look great! Some of us have decorated their cushions with colorful felt.

By Louise, Hayley and Ella!!

IMG_3642 IMG_3643

Prep D Sewing

Prep D have been sewing using a mesh fabric and wool with plastic needles. For the first time at sewing they are super fabulous. We have had a few of our grad 6 students come in to help with tying knots and helping them to get started, it’s so good to have the extra help and it helps their skills improve by teaching others. Love to have mixed and multi age sessions in Art really gives a whole new perspective on things. The mesh squares looked quite good with Prep students sewing around the edges to make squares and fill up the space. Check out the photos of Indi and Phoebe’s work our very own prep sewing superstars.  🙂

IMG_3641 IMG_3640 IMG_3635

2 Responses to “Week 8 Sewing highlights”

1. Angela Day says:

I am really enjoying learning about blogging. I think your site is wonderful, Miss Sharp. I am in awe of those teachers who have created such amazing sites for children and parents to visit and share in their children’s learning.

• leahsharp says:

Thanks Angela it’s great to have the support of the parents too. We have so many talented students here the next step is getting it completely student run 🙂 They do most of the work now. This year we are going to start adding some ‘How To’ videos as well 🙂